43572Re: Gunshots they claim killed Bill Anderson.

  • Carl Williams
    May 3, 2007
      As for the thought that maybe people at the time did not think an
      autopsy was important, you *should* look at Booth's autopsy. This was
      conducted on the monitor Montauk and every effort was made to show the
      public the body was clearly Booth's [see link below]. This means my
      memory was wrong about Booth's autopsy, but I've delved a little
      deeper and it seems that maybe some controversy was stirred up over
      Mudd's identifying a different limb as broken? [can't seem to get this
      straight using the internet].
      In any case, people at the time would have known identifying Anderson
      properly was important. It is a fact that the law in general by this
      time placed great value on such proper identification, it having such
      impact on murder charges, life insurance claims, etc. Of course one
      would suspect that on the Frontier, there were bigger problems doing
      things properly.

      http://home.att.net/~rjnorton/Lincoln83.html

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Longley" <jay_longley@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Ken. There were a few poses taken of the guerrilla killed that
      > day who they claimed was Bloody Bill Anderson. We have thoroughly
      > analyzed each of these photographs and the body looks like that of a
      > man getting ready to go out on the town and shows no bloodstained
      > clothes or solid evidence of either entrance or exit wounds. A book
      > could be written about these photographs alone and the many questions
      > they raise. I share your appreciation for accuracy in history and
      > assure you that the more you look into the traditional Bloody Bill
      > Anderson stories, the more inaccuracies you will discover. After a
      > year of researching and investigating Bloody Bill Anderson's life, I
      > have found it is the most fascinating historical study I have ever
      > taken part in.
      > Thanks,
      > ~Jay~
      >

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, keeno2@ wrote:
      > >

      > > In a message dated 4/30/2007 5:41:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > > jay_longley@ writes:
      > >
      > > Hi Ken. They went to great lengths to photograph the body of the
      > guerrilla
      > > killed so there should have been at least one accurate account of
      > the bullet
      > > wounds on it. Bloody Bill Anderson was the most hunted guerrilla
      > leader at the
      > > time so it is unreasonable for me to accept their excuse that he
      > was dumped in
      > > a grave without analyzing the cause of death, the number and
      > location of all
      > > wounds to the body.
      > >
      > > If there is photographic record of the wounds, that really ought to
      > point to
      > > which account is more accurate. Oughtn't it? Interesting bit of
      > trivia, by the
      > > way. Like to read these things that are seemingly trivial, but I'm
      > a freak
      > > for accuracy, even if I don't much care what actually happened to
      > Bloody Bill.
      > >
      > > Ken

      > http://www.aol.com

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic