43564Re: Battle of Iuka

  • theme_music
    May 2, 2007
      If you are Rosecrans, and you know Ord is waiting to hear your guns
      before he begins his assault, wouldn't it make sense to unlimber a
      battery or two and start firing, even if you really had nothing to
      shoot at? Doesn't that make a lot more sense as "communications" than
      sending riders back around the 3 hour minimum loop? Now I'm certainly
      not stating that I know of some precedence for this, in fact I don't,
      but my question would be, why not?

      Eric
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic