43558Re: Gunshots they claim killed Bill Anderson.

  • Jay Longley
    May 1 3:23 PM
      Hi Ken. There were a few poses taken of the guerrilla killed that
      day who they claimed was Bloody Bill Anderson. We have thoroughly
      analyzed each of these photographs and the body looks like that of a
      man getting ready to go out on the town and shows no bloodstained
      clothes or solid evidence of either entrance or exit wounds. A book
      could be written about these photographs alone and the many questions
      they raise. I share your appreciation for accuracy in history and
      assure you that the more you look into the traditional Bloody Bill
      Anderson stories, the more inaccuracies you will discover. After a
      year of researching and investigating Bloody Bill Anderson's life, I
      have found it is the most fascinating historical study I have ever
      taken part in.
      Thanks,
      ~Jay~

      > In a message dated 4/30/2007 5:41:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > jay_longley@... writes:
      >
      > Hi Ken. They went to great lengths to photograph the body of the
      guerrilla
      > killed so there should have been at least one accurate account of
      the bullet
      > wounds on it. Bloody Bill Anderson was the most hunted guerrilla
      leader at the
      > time so it is unreasonable for me to accept their excuse that he
      was dumped in
      > a grave without analyzing the cause of death, the number and
      location of all
      > wounds to the body.
      >
      > If there is photographic record of the wounds, that really ought to
      point to
      > which account is more accurate. Oughtn't it? Interesting bit of
      trivia, by the
      > way. Like to read these things that are seemingly trivial, but I'm
      a freak
      > for accuracy, even if I don't much care what actually happened to
      Bloody Bill.

      > Ken

      http://www.aol.com

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic