43550Re: McPherson's Flanking Movement at Port Gibson

  • Tony Gunter
    Apr 29, 2007
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "William H Keene" <wh_keene@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Durney" <JWD2044@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Tony,
      > >
      > > Next time you dig up something that is weeks old by me, would you
      > > please include the date? You are using a message I posted on April
      > > 15th to reopen your attacks on Bearss. Doing this, makes it seem
      > that
      > > you are replying to a current statement of mine, which is not the
      > case.
      >
      > Why does it matter?

      I understand that he mistakes my neurotic and probably irritating
      obsession with the Battle of Raymond for anger at Bearss, and I
      apologize if I am goring anyone's sacred cow.

      The recent disagreements over Bloody Bill simply brought me back to
      this post, and I just wanted to point out that these were no minor
      errors, but major shifts in the story with deep ramifications for the
      final outcome.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic