42652Re: Great RR Journeys

  • gnrljejohnston
    Dec 2, 2006
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...>
      wrote:

      This is the tricky part,
      > where a gap existed between the Tensas River and Mobile, that needed
      > to be negotiated by boat or march to Mobile and the Mobile and Ohio
      > RR and thence Northward, by a fairly through route, to Corinth.
      >
      > Bill Bruner

      Another possibility was to travel by boat from Mobile up pass Quitman,
      MS to Meridian, MS which was a RR terminal as well. From there the
      line goes to Atlanta. I forget the name of the river, but it was used
      by Confederates to transport supplies and wounded to the Texas Hospital
      in Quitman.

      JEJ
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic