42536Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Follow up Ballots and voting

  • Steve Saultz
    Nov 7, 2006
      keeno2@... wrote: Of course, there is no evidence, but you can imagine that few people would risk a beating or barn-burning by voting the wrong way.

                 Greetings Ken & All.......
                       I suppose many of us have sat back in our chairs and tried to imagine or fasthom what it must have been like then.
          As a "historian", I suppose its safe to say "we" have become more civilized since those days in C.W., that is, with the concerns of "voting".    But living where I do now, on the outskirts of 2 University towns, I've often been on the "recieving" end of being a "voting the wrong way" kinda guy. My lord, can you imagine the heights of the flames these days might possibly produce had we not become more "civilized"???
         Just rambling with words here..............
            Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
             Capt. McCracken......... Trans-Miss. Partisan

      keeno2@... wrote:
      The secret ballot had not yet made its appearance. Observers would know who voted for whom. The different practices described by HankC have thrown open the question of the balloting for secession-conventio n delegates. Of course, there is no evidence, but you can imagine that few people would risk a beating or barn-burning by voting the wrong way.
      Ken

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic