      From : keeno2@...[mailto:keeno2@...]
      Sent : 11/2/2006 11:06:55 PM
      To : civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Cc :
      Subject : RE: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Chickamauga by Turchin

      In a message dated 11/2/2006 9:35:24 PM Central Standard Time,
      pete@... writes:
      If a lurker can throw in a comment, Shaker Village is very worthwhile. If
      you have time, eat a meal there and you'll enjoy food as never
      before--everything grown or raised on the site or a nearby farm. But to eat genly requires a
      reservation a few days in advance. Pete Cohron
      Excellent advice, honored lurker, but missing in your post is the location of
      this Shaker Village. Up this way we have the Amish. And if you want meat and
      pototoes to die for, slide over to one of their communities. I'm guessing the
      Amish and the Shakers have absolutely nothing in common except for a
      bottom-line appreciation for good food and plenty of it. We're certainly not going to
      find a dish of tossed greens lightly sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and olive
      oil with a scattering of garlic-touched croutons.

      Will note your response and mark my calendar with indelible ink. Thanks in
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic