42517Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Chickamauga by Turchin

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Nov 2, 2006
      In a message dated 11/2/2006 9:35:24 PM Central Standard Time, pete@... writes:
      If a lurker can throw in a comment, Shaker Village is very worthwhile.  If you have time, eat a meal there and you'll enjoy food as never before--everything grown or raised on the site or a nearby farm.  But to eat genly requires a reservation a few days in advance. Pete Cohron
      Excellent advice, honored lurker, but missing in your post is the location of this Shaker Village. Up this way we have the Amish. And if you want meat and pototoes to die for, slide over to one of their communities. I'm guessing the Amish and the Shakers have absolutely nothing in common except for a bottom-line appreciation for good food and plenty of it. We're certainly not going to find a dish of tossed greens lightly sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil with a scattering of garlic-touched croutons.

      Will note your response and mark my calendar with indelible ink. Thanks in advance,
      Ken.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic