      Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:19 PM
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Chickamauga by Turchin

      I just received Turchin's book on Chickamauga thru inter library loan.  Inside the front cover there is a typed note pasted that this copy originally belonged to General Rosecrans.  I flipped thru the book and in the margains there are places where someone has written "this is a mistake" and one note even says "our" lines.  What do you suppose are the odds that these notes are from Rosecrans or some prankster?  Anyone have a copy of Rosy's handwritting to base these notes against?  This might be an incredible find or a pretty involved prank.  Unfortunately the large foldout maps that originally accompanied the book are gone, I really wanted to make copies of those but I guess that's not gonna happen.  But if this was Rosy's copy then I'll definetly make copies of his notes.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic