42184Re: [civilwarwest] Re: They're baaaaack

  • Dick Weeks
    Oct 1, 2006
      Carl, to be very honest I haven't looked in depth at most of the links on
      that portion of my website. Generally when I am answering questions from my
      website I just refer to my library and seldom use the Internet. On this
      page of my website when I link a site I don't really look at that site other
      than to make sure it is Civil War related and that it is on the right page
      for the category I selected. Then I just link it. Now on the other link
      section of my website I do look at the site before I link it. Also on that
      page a webmaster has to request to be linked. On that section I won't put a
      site up that is just hard over in one direction or the other and just
      contains data to support that point of view. There are just too many of the
      "Lost Cause" type sites up there where the information is borderline
      truthful at best, and just a flat lie at worst. On the LSU portion I just
      link a site when I find it and let the reader be the judge. Also I have a
      mailbox set up so that those that want their site linked to page can email
      me. That way I have the LSU portion relatively isolated from the main
      portion of my site other than the link to get to it. You can really tell
      when you visit my site but the LSU portion is actually a subweb to my main
      site. I thought it would be just too hard to manage to fully integrate it.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com