42021Re: Shiloh Question...picking a date

  • Tom Parson
    Sep 8, 2006
      Hi guys,
      I have lurked at this site for some time but rarely chime in, time
      to step out of the shadows.
      I am a Park Ranger from Shiloh stationed at the Corinth Civil War
      Interpretive Center (though I live on the main park in Tennessee). I
      would be glad to help with plans and make reccomendations for
      lodging & eats. On the weekend you are planning I will ne working on
      Saturday in Corinth but have Sunday off.
      Tom

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hank9174" <clarkc@...> wrote:

      > The new 'Shiloh - A Battlefield Guide' by Grimsley and Woodworth
      is
      > excellent...
      >

      > HankC
      >
      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "gnrljejohnston"
      > <GnrlJEJohnston@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, nickrelee@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Once we figure out how many are expected maybe we should line
      up
      > > people to
      > > > kinda lead tours of the field. For instance someone could
      > research
      > > Jones
      > > > Field a bit more and lead the group there, then we could go to
      > the
      > > church where
      > > > someone else would be the leader. At least that's what my
      > > roundtable does
      > > > when we go on our travels and it works pretty good. I'd
      > volunteer
      > > to lead a
      > > > section. I looked at my schedule and as long as I dont run
      into
      > > much rain at
      > > > Chattanooga I should be able to get to Shiloh on Oct 28-29.
      > > > --Nick Kurtz
      > > >

      > > Going to this link, you can get an idea of the various stops you
      > > might want to make. Some real good pix.
      > >
      > > http://civilwaralbum.com/shiloh/index.htm
      > >
      > > JEJ

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic