42012Re: [civilwarwest] Shiloh Question...picking a date

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Sep 7, 2006
      In a message dated 9/7/2006 10:48:41 AM Central Standard Time, nickrelee@... writes:
      I'll probably be in Tenn, just a matter of getting there on that particular weekend, and its something I won't really know for sure until a few days before hand.  But I'll probably be camping so it doesn't matter for me about hotels.  I agree Selmer isn't anything fancy but it was about the same distance as Corinth and it might just be perception but I think it was a quicker drive from Selmer than from Corinth.
      --Nick Kurtz
      I would like to go, but the timing is bad for me. I will be at Chickamauga the last week in September, and in mid October, going to Gettysburg. I cannot squeeze in another trip.
      I expect to be going to Shiloh next spring with another discussion group, (CWDG) so at least I won't be too deprived.
      If you do go, be sure to make some time to visit and discuss the Jones field actions. I think they are an oft overlooked part of the field.
      Dave Powell
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic