42008Re: [civilwarwest] Shiloh Question...picking a date

  • Dan G
    Sep 6, 2006
      My vote is to go ahead and do it... Last time I was there I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Cornith and it was pretty good bunk..  I think it was like $60 for a King ..

      Dan

      keeno2@... wrote:
      In a message dated 9/6/2006 10:28:10 AM Central Daylight Time, ks@civilwarhome. com writes:
      Not that it would be a conflict for many, but the weekend of October 20 - 22  a number of people from this group will be meeting in Springfield, Illinois to tour Lincoln sites as well as the new museum.
      The weekend of 28-29 will be posted about. Many of y'all will have other forums to post on. It's way too late to get anything formal going, but if there's interest, I'll block out some rooms in Savannah or Corinth (to be confirmed with your own credit card). Hagy's is always there, and I suspect that mass gatherings would be a bit of catch as catch can. Coolers and sandwich fixins with each car will also likely do. No money up front, just your room reservations. Everything else would be visited on the local population.

      Shall we get to work?
      Ken

      Pat:
      Have you some details on the Springfield visit? Sounds interesting.
      Ken