41506Re: A Visit to Mill Springs

  • Jimmy
    Aug 2, 2006
      Did you take any photos that you could share/post?

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Tom Gilbert <tomgilbert68@...> wrote:
      > Last weekend, my wife Bonnie and I drove to south-central Kentucky
      to visit a bluegrass music friend who has a place near Somerset KY ..
      he knew I had an interest in Civil War things so he drove us out to
      the nearby Mill Springs battlefield .. we visited Zollicoffer Park,
      where General Z was killed (January 19, 1862) and where some 200
      Confederates are buried in a mass grave .. the park is very well kept
      and they recently placed some beautifully arranged headstones at the
      gravesite .. apparently there are often re-enactments staged and they
      are building a new museum nearby .. it is a wonderful memorial .. we
      didn't have much time to further explore the area, but I was deeply
      impressed with what I did see .. if you are ever in the area, it would
      be well worth your time to visit the battlefield and the beautiful
      little park ..