      From: Tom Mix
      Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:25 PM
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Smith book on Shiloh Park...

      Yes it is excellent.

      I picked it up at B & N as well.

      Tom

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jfepperson@...
      Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:15 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com; cwdg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Smith book on Shiloh Park...

      On a recent excursion to another battlefield, Brother Dave Powell

      sang the praises of Tim Smith's little book on Shiloh Park.  It's

      not a book on the battle, it's a book on the park.  Since I used to

      live near there, and am very fond of that park, I took Dave's advice

      and bought the book.  (I paid for it with a Barnes & Noble gift card

      which I got for speaking to Dave's RT.)  I've barely started the book

      but would endorse Dave's praise of it.  Anyone with an interest in

      Shiloh should read this.  Thanks for the suggestion, Dave.

      JFE

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.