38533Re: [civilwarwest] Utoy Church

  • nickrelee@aol.com
    Apr 30, 2006
      Unfortunately I think it might be past saving as most of the problems were too many trees and undergrowth.  There was some trash in the cemetery but I'd bet one good day of cleaning would fix that.  The clearing of trees and brush would take much longer and probably be very difficult as trees are right in many grave sites.
      --Nick

      In a message dated 4/30/2006 9:24:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
      I know that in many communities the local VFW, American Legion,or Boy Scout troops take care of these Civil War cemeteries.  Then you have the DAR, SUV, SCV, and re-enactor groups would be another contact to make.  The problem is, there is too much apathy to take a little time and keep them clean.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic