38131Re: Bragg Vs Forrest

  • pvtjessett
    Apr 8, 2006
      Bob, Compliments Sir,

      I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I just happen to
      notice your inquiry-I appogize(SP).
      Although I have a very "child like mind" I rarely make quotes that I
      can't back up and if my bluff is called I either acknowledge my
      screw up or own up to it.
      The actual quote which reads as follows:"A man I have never
      seen,Sir. His name is Forrest"
      I have seen this same qutoe in several publications but will give
      you the easiest one to document, if this does not suffice please let
      me know and I will give further documentation.
      Title: "May I qoute you General Lee" Randall Bedwell, Gramecy Books,
      Nashville, ISBN 0-517-21992-1, Pg.#54

      Your Humble Servant,
      Paul

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@... wrote:

      > I do not think so. I would like to see a source for that quotation.
      >
      > --
      > Take care,
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > 10643 Sperry Street
      > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      > huddleston.r@...

      > From: "pvtjessett" <pw541301@...>
      > BOB,
      >
      > General Lee when asked after the war by a reporter who his best
      Gen.
      > was answered " A man I have never met named Forrest", A
      > competent "Gen. Officer", well someone thought so
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, huddleston.r@ wrote:
      > >
      > > At the bottom of this argument is that what the Forrest
      supporters
      > are arguing is that Forrest is not competent to be a General
      Officer.

      > > Paragraph One of the Army Regulations, both US and CS:
      > >
      > > “1. ALL inferiors are required to obey strictly, and to
      > execute with alacrity and good faith, the lawful orders of the
      > superiors appointed over them.”
      > >
      > > --
      > > Take care,
      > >
      > > Bob
      > >
      > > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > > 10643 Sperry Street
      > > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      > > huddleston.r@
      > >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > Visit your group "civilwarwest" on the web.

      Service.

    • Show all 115 messages in this topic