38053Re: [civilwarwest] Favorite Apocryphal Stories

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Apr 2, 2006
      In a message dated 4/2/2006 12:52:02 AM Central Standard Time, banbruner@... writes:

      I fear that I may be rambling a bit here. And i know that some of
      you are serious istorians but I think what I am trying to do is
      elicit some of your favorite apocryphal stories. I, for one,love
      them. Debunk them as you may. I also love debunkation.
      Kudos, good sir. My sentiments exactly. (Seems I should have copied the entire message.) The little stories are the salt on the meat. True or not, they add zest to an ordinally dry exposition of facts. Usually, it doesn't much matter if the story is true or has only been twisted a bit. It becomes more a matter of debate when it is used to prove something or another about a character.

      Meanwhile. Excellent and most enjoyable post.
      Ken
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic