37555Re: [civilwarwest] Balancing the past with the economic future of Franklin

  • Rick Moody
    Mar 2, 2006
      Bob,

      Thanks for the link. It must be tough for the small
      towns to make these decisions. There has to be a way
      for them to profit like Gettysburg has all these
      years. Without the battle at Gettysburg no one would
      think twice about the place. I would think the state
      of Tennessee would want a stake in this action? They
      are running TV adds in my area advertising Tennessee
      as a great vacation spot. They even show scenes from
      a reenactment in the clip. The Grand Ole Opry,
      Dollywood, and the Franklin Battlefield. :-) I can
      wish can't I?

      Rick

      --- Bob Huddleston <huddleston.r@...> wrote:

      http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2006/02/06/focus1.html?page=1

      > Take care,
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > 10643 Sperry Street
      > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      > 303.451.6376 Huddleston.r@...
      >
      > "Don't argue with someone who claims the earth is
      > flat. You haven't given it
      > a second thought, whereas he has spent 20 years
      > thinking about and obsessing
      > over why it is flat."

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic