37150Re: Legality of secession: were the states sovereign nations?

  • William H Keene
    Feb 2, 2006
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "brianmccandliss"
      <bmccandliss@...> wrote:
      > ... As such, they recognized
      > no superior,

      Read the Constitution. By accepoting the constitution, the States
      clearly recognized that the federal government was superior.

      > I have also noticed a conspicuous absence of debate on this issue,
      > leading me to believe that there's some type of "code of silence" on
      the
      > matter, by those professionals whose interests are conflicted by
      > discussing it; however I'm not afraid of rocking the boat in the name
      of
      > truth.

      This issue is debated endlessly on other groups. This group is devoted
      ot the study of a specifi theater of the war, so this topic is not
      discussed here.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic