37146Re: Legality of secession: were the states sovereign nations?

  • brianmccandliss
    Feb 2, 2006
      This isn't about the causes, it's about the LEGAL ISSUE of the Civil
      War. There wasn't any warning about that. The causes were obvious--
      the legal issues are not-- at least not to the point where we can
      say that current policy is legitimate.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, John Beatty <jdbeatty.geo@...>
      wrote:

      > I thought discussions of causes were verboten here....
      >
      > --- Bob Taubman <rtaubman@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Agreed.
      > >
      > > James2044 <JWD2044@...> wrote: You might
      > > want to end this quickly.
      > >
      > > A group I'm on had almost the same title as the 1st
      > > post from a new
      > > member. The person who posted this is the group's
      > > newest member.
      > >
      > > This and a couple of other topics caused a meltdown
      > > of almost 1,000
      > > messages in a couple of days.
      > >
      > > James2044
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links