      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Taubman
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:31 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: "Peremptory" orders

      Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it.  I think if it were me, I'd be more upset that they had to stoop to that level just for optics.

      “Quando omni flunkus, mortati”

      Go Seahawks!!

      "James F. Epperson" <Jfepperson@...> wrote:

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Bob Taubman wrote:
      > Why was it necessary to change the date of
      > Rosecran's promotion in order to give him
      > seniority over Thomas? If it was as cut-and-dried
      > as you make it appear, why the subtrefuge?

      I don't see any subterfuge at all. Officers could be
      notoriously sensitive about serving under juniors;
      changing the date of Rosy's promotion avoids this

      Yahoo! Groups Links