37125Re: [civilwarwest] Re: "Peremptory" orders

  • Bob Taubman
    Feb 1, 2006
      Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it.  I think if it were me, I'd be more upset that they had to stoop to that level just for optics.

      “Quando omni flunkus, mortati”

      Go Seahawks!!

      "James F. Epperson" <Jfepperson@...> wrote:
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Bob Taubman wrote:

      > Why was it necessary to change the date of
      > Rosecran's promotion in order to give him
      > seniority over Thomas? If it was as cut-and-dried
      > as you make it appear, why the subtrefuge?

      I don't see any subterfuge at all. Officers could be
      notoriously sensitive about serving under juniors;
      changing the date of Rosy's promotion avoids this
      problem.

      JFE

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/