36454Re: Wallace revisits Shiloh

  • josepharose
    Jan 11, 2006
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Smith" <dmsmith001@y...> wrote:

      > Joseph,
      >
      > Kindly assume I'm serious unless I attach smiley faces.
      >
      > Dave

      Dave,

      I would, but I had written "Wallace 'went over every foot of his
      march' and convinced the 2 or 3 prominent officers and a surveyor that
      his troops marched 17 miles that day."

      And then you asked, "He convinced a newspaperman?"

      Can you please explain the basis for your question? My writing was
      quite clear. I can't think of why you would ask this.

      Joseph

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "josepharose" <josepharose@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Smith" <dmsmith001@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "josepharose"
      > <josepharose@y...>

      > Shiloh

      > whether
      > > >
      > > > Who didn't know where the blame fell? The newspaperman, or
      > Wallace?
      > >
      > > The newspaperman.

      > or 3
      > miles
      > > >
      > > > He convinced a newspaperman?
      > >
      > > I'm sorry, Mr. Smith, but you don't seem to be serious.
      > >
      > > My writing clearly indicates that Wallace "convinced the 2 or 3
      > > prominent officers and a surveyor."

      > that time
      > the main
      > > >
      > > > This qualifies as evidence, but certainly not confirmed history.
      > >
      > > Yes, that's why I used the word, "seem."
      > >
      > > Joseph
      > >
      > > > Dave

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic