35667Re: Why Trans-Miss. ?

  • carlw4514
    Nov 4, 2005
      correct, the federal approach was to finish off Arkansas and Louisiana
      with a combined effect... the steele and red river campaigns were
      coordinated campaigns... then go into Texas [I'm sure what was to be
      next was not fleshed out very well]. The blockade, never 100%
      effective, was doing what it could independently of the overland
      campaigns. Matamoros Mexico, across the Rio Grande from Brownsville
      TX, apparently was a dilemma. Mexico generally was a big concern at
      the time.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Norm Mikalac" <789@m...> wrote:

      > I can accept all your answers except the supplies from Mexico. I
      > assume the Fed Navy blockades those supplies by sea. If they were
      > to come by land somewhere near the coast, then the 2 expeditions you
      > cite would not do anything to stop those.
      >
      > Norm

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic