35107Break the Tension??

  • tristan4th
    Oct 1, 2005
      Subject: Potatoe

      Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato

      had eyes for each other,

      and finally they got married,

      and had a little sweet potato,

      which they called 'Yam.'

      Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

      When it was time,

      they told her about the facts of life.

      They warned her about going out

      and getting half-baked,

      so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed,

      and get a bad name for herself like

      'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

      Yam said not to worry,

      no Spud would get her into

      the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

      But on the other hand

      she wouldn't stay home

      and become a Couch Potato either.

      She would get plenty of exercise

      so as not to be skinny

      like her Shoestring cousins.

      When she went off to Europe,

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam

      to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland.

      And the greasy guys from France

      called the French Fries.

      And when she went out west,

      to watch out for the Indians

      so she wouldn't get scalloped.

      Yam said she would stay on

      the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate

      with those high class Yukon Golds,

      or the ones from the other side of the tracks

      who advertise their trade

      on all the trucks that say,

      'Frito Lay.'

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U.

      (that's Potato University)

      so that when she graduated

      she'd really be in the Chips.

      But in spite of all they did for her,

      one-day Yam came home and announced

      she was going to marry

      Tom Brokaw.

      Tom Brokaw!

      Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset.

      They told Yam she couldn't

      possibly marry Tom Brokaw

      because he's just.......

      Are you ready for this?

      Are you sure?

      OK! Here it is!

      I realize things got a lil onery lately. Hope this
      can put a smile on a few faces; even for those who dislike me.....
      My apologies if I've offended anyone.....
      Respectfully Your Humble Servant,
      Capt. McCracken / Mo. Partisan
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic