      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Norris Darrall
      Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 9:09 AM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Logistics

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, keeno2@a... wrote:
      , I suspect he simply kept on his staff
      > people who could reliably do those calculations for him. His
      logistical
      > "talent" was likely in intuitively knowing what could work and what
      could not.

      Grant had about five years experience (47-52) as a Regimental
      Quartermaster and wartime experience during the Mexican War. He had
      first hand knowledge of lower level logistics requirements and
      hands-on methods. His grasp of this field contributed to his efforts
      as Army Commander.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic