33825Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Newt Gingrichs Triology

  • Ricky Washburn
    Sep 5, 2005
      I have not yet finished the third book but i see how
      it is coming together or apart whichever way you want
      to see it. i am frustrated at a couple part but over
      all i would definently recommend it.
      My issues are with how quickly the yankees transport
      people. And jeff davis coming down on Lee like he did.
      James any thught on those?

      --- James2044 <james2044@...> wrote:

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Ricky Washburn
      > <rwwiv@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Have any of yall read the three altenrate history
      > > books- Gettysburg, grant comes east, never call
      > > retreat? Opinions?
      > >

      > Ricky, I started out wanting nothing to do with
      > "Gettysburg" and
      > disliking the idea of the book. One afternoon I
      > picked it up in
      > Borders, nothing else to look at, Knowing I would
      > hate it and ready to
      > pick it apart. LOVED IT! Brought it home and was
      > totally hooked!
      > Bought the others the 1st day and read them ASAP.
      >
      > Newt knows his history and much of the fun is seeing
      > how he brings real
      > events into "his history". The more you know, the
      > more fun the books
      > are and the more you see and understand.
      >
      > James2044

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic