33815Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Logistics

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Sep 5, 2005
      Thanks for pitching in, Norris.

      It's a given that Grant had some certifiably solid experience. I guess what I didn't make clear was that Moore's article was frought with calculations that made my eyes cross, glaze, and eventually close. My intention was to suppose that he didn't personally make those calculations if, indeed, similar calculations were in use.

      Speed of the march and its front affect the ratio of human to animal food required for the movement. It is this sort of balance that I propose he intuitively knew.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic