      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stanley Balsky
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:41 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Logistics

      Is this my computer or is in the transmission
      Stan

      --- Bob Huddleston <huddleston.r@...> wrote:

      > Your first
      starting place should be the appendix to
      > the Luvaas, Army War College
      Guide to the Battle of
      > Antietam. Charles R. Shrader, “Field Logistics
      in
      > the Civil War.”
      >

      > “Army
      Logistician,” the professional journal of

      <http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/Back.html
      > has a
      > number of articles on Civil War logistics, although

      most are quite short and simplistic. One good one is
      > David Sabine,
      “The Role of Logistics in
      > Confederate Defeat” (Jan-Feb 1982, pp.
      12-16).
      > Another is William Kyle, “The logistics of the
      > Battle
      of Chickamauga,” (Sep-Oct 1986, pp. 26-30)

      > Journal of Military History (and its various name
      > changes) is
      available on line is you have access to
      > JSTAR, but that usually means a
      good university
      > library. Lots and lots of stuff in there!
      >

      > Henry Halleck devoted Chapter IV of his
      Military Art
      > and Strategy to logistics. See

      http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=3bc84072168b07d7

      <http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=3bc84072168b07d7&c=moa&idno=AGN0334.0001.001&view=toc>

      &c=moa&idno=AGN0334.0001.001&view=toc  for the text.

      > Huston, James A. The Sinews of War: Army
      Logistics,
      > 1775‑1953. is published by the Army as one of its

      historical volumes. Not on line, but worth digging
      > out.
      >

      > USAMHIs reference bibliographies have
      excellent
      > lists on practically any topic you want. The only

      limit is that the lists are of their holdings. Check

      href="http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usamhi/finding_aids.htm">http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usamhi/finding_aids.htm

      > Take care,

      Bob

      > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > 10643 Sperry Street

      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      huddleston.r@...

      > “Le sens communn’est pas si
      commun.”
      > “Common sense is not so common.” Voltaire

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic