31825RE: [civilwarwest] Attrocities.......(Question)

  • Rick Moody
    Jul 1, 2005
      --- Tom Mix <tmix@...> wrote:

      > Grant ordered Sherman to investigate NBF to see if
      > charges should be
      > brought. Sherman exonerated Forrest and that was
      > the end of it. And
      > remember Sherman respected him as a General but not
      > in any other way.
      > Still, he fairly investigated and found nothing.
      >
      > Tom

      Was Sherman's investigation before or after Grants
      decision to cease prisoner exchanges?

      Did Shermans investigation have any bearing on Grants
      decision to stop the exchange?

      Was the decision based solely upon the souths
      unwillingness to exchanging black soldiers?

      I am here to learn, so the more info you can provide
      will be appreciated.

      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...

      "Spend no time mourning the failures of the past. Tears make a bitter throat. Look ahead, there is more work to do."
      -- Ely S. Parker: last Grand Sachem of the Iroquois and General Grant's military secretary.

      "Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear, not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward, it is not a compliment to say it is brave."
      -- Mark Twain

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic