31824Re: [civilwarwest] Attrocities..........

  • Rick Moody
    Jul 1, 2005
      --- banbruner@... wrote:

      > Does anyone know if there war crimes trial held
      > after th CW that addresses
      > atrocities. Or if NBF specificately was charged.
      > Bill Bruner

      The trial of Henry Wirtz. Andersonville
      I'm sure there were more, like the large contingent of
      Senators and others who wanted Lee hanged. If you
      took the loyalty oath and abided by the tearms of
      surrender, Grant frequently interceeded.

      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...

      "Spend no time mourning the failures of the past. Tears make a bitter throat. Look ahead, there is more work to do."
      -- Ely S. Parker: last Grand Sachem of the Iroquois and General Grant's military secretary.

      "Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear, not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward, it is not a compliment to say it is brave."
      -- Mark Twain

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic