      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of basecat1@...
      Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 12:42 AM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] NBF !!!  What about others

      When re-visiting other battles I can't absolve the sainted Lee at the
      Crater.  He knew the murders were going on and yet did nothing. I know
      it is the forbidden zone but I think it be referenced when passing out
      the condemnation.  NBF brought the killing to an end, Lee didn't.

      Great point, and one that has always bothered me about Lee. Same can be
      said about Custer in the Valley with the hangings late in the war.
      Point is...both sides were brutal..and I take umbrage here when one
      person is singled out...ala NBF in this thread. To me it is ridiculous.

      Regards from the Garden State,

      Steve Basic

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic