31319Re: Horses

  • hank9174
    Jun 1, 2005
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "virginia_cajun"
      <virginia_cajun@y...> wrote:
      > I just ran across this blurb at the end of a book review:
      >
      > "Dr. David J. Gerleman is a lecturer in American history at George
      > Mason University, and is active in numerous history organizations
      in
      > Washington, D. C. He is currently completing a book manuscript
      > entitled "'Mount and Master: The Civil War Cavalry Trooper and
      > His
      > Horse--A Study of Care, Treatment, and Use, 1861-1866.'"

      It has always impressed me that a cavalry regiment had the
      personalities of it's 500 (or so) troopers and also the 500 horses.

      Which could be more cantankerous is an open question ;)

      I've been stepped on by many people and one horse. I'll take the
      people any day...

      HankC
    • Show all 52 messages in this topic