30610Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Paducah points

  • CAMPAIGN62@AOL.COM
    Apr 14, 2005
      I found it. OR Vol 7 Pg 571 McCellan to Halleck and Buell " A deserter just
      in from the rebels, says that .... he heard officers say that Beauregaed was
      under orders to go to
      Kentucky with fifteen regiments from the Army of the Potomac.(Jan.29, 1862).

      Halleck replied on Jan 30. "Your telegraph regarding Beauregard is received.
      General Grant and Commodore Foote will be ordered to immediately advance, and
      to reduce and hold Fort Henry, on the Tennessee river.

      I remain, Sir, your most humble servant.
    • Show all 121 messages in this topic