30029Re: World Talk Radio

  • hank9174
    Feb 4, 2005
      In the 70s there was an outfit in New York called 'Simulation
      Publications, Inc.' (SPI for short) publishing a bi-monthly magazine,
      each containing a wargame.

      Many were later picked up and 'improved' by companies such as Avalon
      Hill. I suspect they are available on eBay these days.

      At the time they did a lot of US-Soviet and Middle East 'what-if'
      scenarios, but also Cedar Mountain, Wilson's Creek and Champion Hill
      among ACW titles...

      HankC

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Mix" <tmix@i...> wrote:
      > Steve,
      >
      > I just sent a note before I read this new one. So, l'll look at it
      now
      > here. The prices vary from in the high $20's to $100. But most
      today
      > seem to be in the $35-$45 range. Key in to Boulder Games and check
      out
      > their inventory. He sells his at considerably less than many.
      Another is
      > Homer Games. The Gamers Civil War Brigade is fantastic. They have
      games
      > on Franklin, Murfreesboro, Shiloh, Champion Hill, Chickamauga,
      > Gettysburg, the 7 Days, Antietam and Bull Run. I may have missed
      one but
      > I own them all and love them. I saw some of these in the gift
      centers in
      > the battle field sights. Dave worked n the development of many of
      those
      > games too but is too modest to say so. I highly recommend them.
      But it
      > would be good to try to learn one with a friend. I did it solo but
      it
      > took awhile. But it was fine. Shiloh is a good start since it is
      only a
      > one map game. Champion Hill is another fun game that could be a
      good one
      > to start with. Gettysburg and some others are 2 map games. There are
      > other good games out there too but this is a start. These area in
      the
      > $30-40 range and some times less through certain out lets.
      >
      > Tom

      si=11&k=board%20games" onmouseover="window.status='board games';
      return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">board
      games</a>, many designed by Dave or at least with
      > his input, and play them all solitaire. They are great historical
      > studies of a battle as well as relaxing and fun.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > Tom,
      >

      > Thanks for the info. Just wondering what is the cost for the games?
      >

      > Regards from the Garden State,
      >

      > Steve Basic
      >

      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links