29486Re: [civilwarwest] Re: JEJ'S PHOTO TRIVIA

  • Rick Moody
    Dec 3, 2004
      I believe this is part of the Resaca Battlefield.
      McPherson charged through this area to attack the
      Confederate positions in front of Resaca. If memory
      serves me there is a Confederate Cemetery very near
      this site.

      =====
      Rick Moody
      r_moody@...

      "Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"
      -Samuel Adams

      "Let your secret sympathies and your compassion be always with the underdog in the fight -- this is magnanimity; but bet on the other one -- this is business."
      - Mark Twain

      http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic