28068Re: Chickamauga park events

  • Art Bagley
    Aug 4 8:35 PM
      Good evening, Lee...

      First visited Chickamauga in 2000 and immediately knew it'd be at
      least a two-visit park. Now that I made it back for the "second
      helping" a few weeks ago, I'll revise my estimate and say there's
      enough for at least two MORE trips there for a total of four.

      From the 2000 trip, for some reason, the most ingrained memory I had
      was the Mark Thrash cabin site; however, my mind was faulty in that
      I believed the actual cabin was still extant. But when I walked up
      to the display this time, I realized that the only cabin at the site
      is in the photograph on the info plaque.

      By the way, did the Visitors' Center store ever get in the park's
      souvenir "lapel pin" shipment? I left my name, address and phone #
      with a store clerk (a young woman) but have not heard back. Does the
      store have a separate website? Thanx!

      Art Bagley
      Tampa, FL

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, LWhite64@a... wrote:
      > Art,
      > Im glad you enjoyed your trip through the park, I was one
      of the
      > Rangers that you spoke to at the Information desk, I didnt know
      who you were at
      > that time.
      >
      > Lee
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic