28051Re: Chickamauga park events

  • Art Bagley
    Aug 3, 2004
      Hello Dave...

      Like I mentioned in another thread, I plan on venturing to northwest
      Georgia when Cleburne's statue is dedicated at Ringgold.
      Chickamauga's just around the corner from there and I could easily be
      pursuaded to revisit that field and meet up with you. I'll keep in
      touch, for sure.

      Art B. in Fla.

      > Yes, Trigg's guys were critical in flanking what was left of the
      Snodgrass
      > line, and helped take the 21 and 89 Ohio, and the 21 Mich.
      >
      > I am very fond of Stovall's approach, as it makes an interesting
      entree into
      > the Union lines from the North, against what is usually assumed to
      be Thomas'
      > impervious line around Kelly Field. Stovall and half of Adams
      actually
      > fulfilled Bragg's objective on the 20th, turned Rosecrans' North
      flank, and
      > interposed themselves between Rosey and Chattanooga. Unsupported,
      they were kicked out
      > again fairly quickly, but their success highlights the problems
      Rosey was
      > having all day, not just around the Brotherton House.
      >
      > Sounds like a fun trip. If you go again, let me know, maybe we
      could hold an
      > informal gathering there.
      >
      > Dave
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic