27946Re: Cassville - books or articles

  • mgrad29
    Jul 1, 2004
      Thanks Sam for those suggested works. Actually I am familiar with
      these three books, but I will go back to them and check their
      footnotes for additional source material.

      Specifically, I was looking for journal articles, dissertations, and
      or other sources of information which focus on Cassville and/or that
      period of the Atlanta campaign after the battle of Resaca and before
      Sherman left the railroad on his Western thrust towards Dallas.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, SDE80@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 7/1/2004 9:25:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > mgrad29@b... writes:
      >
      > > I'm trying to expand my understanding of the actions around
      Cassville
      > > during the Atlanta Campaign. Can someone suggest a book or
      magazine
      > > article?
      > >

      > Obvious referrals would be to Castel's Decision in the West and
      McMurry's
      > Atlanta 1864. There is an extensive discussion, however, of
      Cassville and the
      > CS high command in Connelly's Autumn of Glory.
      >
      > Sam Elliott
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic