25542Actions around Corinth, May 28, 1862

  • Ray Todd Knight
    Feb 5, 2004
      Hi

      I recently read a thread on an Arkansas Civil War board concerning
      Cleburne's Brigade and it's actions covering the retreat from Corinth
      on May 28, 1862 known as " the Shelton House engagement".
      I've also recently read the Civil War Diary of James J Womack, captain
      of Company E, 16th TN Infantry. In it he refers to an engagement on
      May 28, 1862 while covering the retreat from Corinth, around the
      "Chambers House", in which a relative of mine was killed. the diary of
      Thomas Hoooper, Co A, 16th TN also refers to the engagement around the
      Chambers House.
      http://www.civilwarhistory.com/_/Thomas%20R_%20Hooper%20Diary.htm
      Where these two engagements seperate actions or the same? Also I have
      read that parts of the Orphan Brigade including Cobb's Battery were
      involved in rear-guard actions during the retreat from Corinth. Was
      this a different action too?
      Thanks for any info

      Todd
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic