24439Re: [civilwarwest] NEW THREAD... Who was the most under rated leader of the C...

  • DORR64OVI@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2004
      In a message dated 1/1/2004 4:28:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, DPowell334@... writes:

      In the North, I'd like to nominate a couple of names, both of whom were involved in notorious 'incidents' that largely obscured the rest of their service - Jefferson C. Davis and Thomas J. Wood.

      Dave Powell

      Dave...you are absolutely on target with both those choices, especially T.J. Wood.  He is an interesting individual and of course, carries the stigma of his petulant behavior at Chickamauga.  Anyone know anything of his postwar life?  Supposedly, he was involved in some shady business deal later but I dont know if this was true or part of the postwar memoir sniping among his peers.  I think hes buried at West Point.

      Kent Dorr
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic