      Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 8:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Bashing Burny

      Instead of bashing the Johnstons, can we bash Ambrose Burnside or is his connection to the Western theatre not significant enough? After all, he did capture Knoxville, which was in the heart of  Tennessee's Unionist supporters!  What a victory!  I love to bash Burny-- on the History Channel they have a program on Great military disasters and Burnside at Fredericksburg was on the top five list. But that is the wrong theatre of war. Carole

      On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:11:55 -0000 "Norris Darrall" <norrisdarrall@...> writes:

      > Oh Lordy, I hope that we do not start the New Year with bashing
      Johnston
      > again.  <g>
      >
      > JEJ

      I will have to browse through the archives better.  I do hate to miss
      out on a Johnson bashing.  But do not want to recover the same ground
      if it has already been traversed.  Happy New Year.

      Norris

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic