23683Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Pea Ridge

  • elevator650@aol.com
    Nov 5, 2003
             In the response to Jame's post saying asboth, osterhous, sigel must have known that all they had to do was hold on, I think it is important to note that sigel fought hard to open up a line of retreat never really thinking of the win but of survival, and asboth was even worse going as far as to go around the first night telling people the army should retreat and possibly causing morale to go down.  Their lack of confidence in Curtis and in there men was unwarranted in my opinion.
      -David
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic