      Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 8:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Longstreet and the AOT

      As to Longstreet getting the Army, I think several things hurt his chances of this by 1864.
      1.  His performance in the Suffolk Campaign.

      2.  His performance during the Siege of Chattanooga.

      3.  His performance in the Knoxville Campaign.

      In the later two Longstreet in my opinion had his low tide during the war.

      Lee