22668Re: [civilwarwest] Tullahoma, East Tennessee

  • D. Andrew Burden, Ph.D.
    Dec 18, 2000
      Madelon:
      Bradley's book is the only one I know of specifically on Tullahoma.
      Funny that that such a masterful campaign has been largely ignored until
      his book (which was published this past year). It's a reasonably good
      work, though too short for my tastes. My biggest complaint is the lack
      of a scale on the maps. Not a big deal for most people, but I pass
      through Beech Grove all the time and I still can't get a feel for where
      the various units were located. Bradley is on faculty at Motlow State
      Community College in Lynchburg, so I've been wanting to intiate a
      discussion with him about Hoover's Gap, but I figure he's a busy guy and
      I'd just be bugging him. But maybe not. Anybody out there know him?
      And does anybody out there know of any other works that are specifically
      about Tullahoma?
      Andy