22563Re: General George H. Thomas

  • Bagtown@altavista.com
    Dec 3, 2000
      --- In civilwarwest@egroups.com, "Don Plezia" <oneplez@e...> wrote:
      > Go to:- http://www.aotc.net/
      >
      > and you'll find all you want to know. Your assumption that he was
      > under-rated is correct. The man was without doubt the best General
      in
      > the Civil War, including Lee!
      >
      > Don Plezia
      >
      > Cordially,
      >

      > D. W. Plezia

      Thanks Much excellent website I truly was disturbed when I read of
      some of General Thomas' mistreatment at the hands of his superiors
      and peers. The Union was genuinely lucky to have had such a man. From
      what I have read he was a soldiers general and a great strategic as
      well as tactical commander. Once again thanks for the website.
      Sincerely Richard J. Karns

      > > I hope I am not at of place here but I am going to assume its ok
      > > put a post here inquiring about General Thomas (I am a relatively
      new
      > > student to the American Civil War). I just finished a magazine
      > > artilcle on this man and it appears to me he was very underated.
      What
      > > I would like to get some feedback on if possible is I would like
      > > find a decent biography of this man. Also I would like to find a
      good
      > > book on The Army of the Cumberland. Sincerely Richard J. Karns

      > > eGroups eLerts
      > > It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!
      ---_
      > ->

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic