22523Re: [civilwarwest] Digest Number 177

  • Chris Huff
    Nov 30, 2000
      CRogers wrote:

      " Outside the context
      of the history of the Civil War, the Stars and Bars means, to me and many
      others, the enslavement of a race of people considered less than human.  I
      would think that no State would want to have that association with it today,
      no matter how historically correct it is."

      my comments:

      Apart from the fact that this subject is off topic, let me mention that the Confederate Battle flag is not the Stars and Bars. Please, if we are going to discuss historical contexts lets get the  history right.

      Chris Huff
      Atlanta, GA

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic