22469Re: Fw: Help get out the vote! Email everyone you know and ask them to VOTE FOR AL GORE!

  • jrayelliot@aol.com
    Nov 7, 2000
      --- In civilwarwest@egroups.com, "CLAYTON BRANNON" <civilwarcb@w...>
      wrote:
      > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a
      better future
      > for America.
      >
      > Clayton Brannon

      Clayton,
      Give me a break. Voting is important but this afterall is a
      discussion group on the western theater of Civil War. So what company
      and regiment is "Old Al" trying to get elected an officer in?

      http://www.algore.com

      > > Send an E-Mail to Your Personal E-Mail List!
      > > Tell Folks Why You are Voting for Al Gore and Joe Lieberman!

      > > Dear Anne,
      > >
      > > Tomorrow is Election Day! Help us spread Al Gore's and Joe
      > > Lieberman's message by sending an e-mail to as many people as you
      can.
      > > Tell them to vote! And tell them this election is about big
      choices
      > > and real differences. Al Gore has an agenda that benefits all
      > > Americans, not just a few:
      > >
      > > * Gore's middle-class tax cuts would fit within a balanced
      budget
      > > to ensure that all Americans benefit from the nation's current
      > > prosperity. George W. Bush's massive tax cut would put
      prosperity
      > > in peril, returning the nation to deficits and making it
      > > "impossible" to eliminate the debt. Almost half of Bush's tax
      cuts
      > > are targeted toward the few who make more than $300,000 a
      year.

      > > * Gore would take steps to protect Social Security for
      seniors and
      > > provide a new choice to encourage younger workers to save for
      > > retirement. George W. Bush has made a promise he cannot keep.
      He
      > > has admitted that he would drain $1 trillion of the Social
      Security
      > > Trust Fund into private accounts for younger workers, but he
      has
      > > also promised the same money to seniors for their Social
      Security
      > > checks. What choice will he make?
      > >
      > > * Gore will pursue proven strategies for improving public
      education
      > > - reducing class sizes, improving standards and
      accountability, and
      > > bringing technology into classrooms. He has worked to
      increase access
      > > to higher education and lifetime learning opportunities, and
      he has
      > > advocated for get-tough proposals to make schools safer and
      drug-free.

      > > * "Nothing is more important to us than our families," write
      Al Gore
      > > and Joe Lieberman in the introduction of their book Bringing
      > > Prosperity Home: Choices for America's Families. "We need
      policies
      > > that value families -- that let parents balance work and
      family and
      > > make our schools, hospitals, and communities more friendly to
      > families'
      > > needs."

      message to:
      > > mailto:remove-16812469-16778997-er5v.56eyejfi@c...

      > > Gore/Lieberman, Inc.
      > > 601 Mainstream Drive
      > > Nashville, TN 37228
      > > 615-340-2000
      > > TTY (For the hearing-impaired) 615-340-3260
      > >
      > > http://www.algore.com
      > >
      > > Paid for by Gore/Lieberman, Inc.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic