2196Re: [civilwarwest] Flag Flap

  • averygacav@aol.com
    Dec 3, 2000
      Two cents worth from a Georgia native. I would resist any effort to pretend
      that the Civil War never happened or to pretend that the brave men that fell
      in defense of their country deserved less respect than any other veterans BUT
      the southern cross battle flag is not what my ancestors fought for. To honor
      these men we ought to INSIST that the national flag fly over the southern
      capitals, ALL of them, to shown a shared history. There is no place in this
      country for racism and we wouldn't be arguing in support of any other flag
      adopted by racist organisatons.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic